1/23/2006

Sports Mama

I've been a mom for more than 13 years now, but today was the first day a child of mine played a game for an organized school league. He played SACAC baseball one year in 2000 but (I'm sorry mom) baseball is boring! I was so frazzled from being new here and taking cabs to practices 45 minutes away, I just don't count that. It's not as in-your-face a battle as a basketball game. I'm reading WILD AT HEART and I'm excited to see my kid becoming a warrior.
First Game of the U14 Season
I was one loud cheerleader on the sidelines for the U14 basketball team he's playing on with other kids from ICS. So much fun I've been missing out on while putting the kids in Singaporean school. In the last 6 years they gave badminton and ping pong a try for their Extra Curricular Activities! He's just turned thirteen this month and it was so fun to see him get assertive on the court - a side of him I only see when it's being bossy or annoyed with his little brother.

Cameron and I were so proud of him. GO TYLER!

No comments: