6/24/2007

Week ONE:

Father's Day photo for 2007: at the AirportTy's first football practice.Cameron, John and Karyssa at the Dana Point TidepoolsFirst Sunday in Pasadena: Sidewalk Drawing Competition

We're settling in well. boys meeting new friends. loads of options for summer fun.
camping at the beach, Angel baseball game, basketball and light saber dueling with the neighbor boys.
Tyler's started football practice with the Maranatha JV team
(he's got a new swaggar in his step...but it might just be from sore muscles).

the apartment we've moved into is just right for us. we all did housework together this weekend.
they both LOVED the church we WALKED to this morning.

God has been generous to give us quick recovery from jet lag, health, and things falling into place relatively easily.
Two loaner cars made it easy too!
Jim's great at getting things set up: cell Phones, bought a car, internet (got our library and Ralph's grocery cards too!).

Big thing for Jim is to get the application rolling for Fuller Seminary. He was on a roll with that a few months back until he realized that he doesn't have ONE copy of any of his former academic writing. All lost along the way with all the moves. The application requires he submit something. I say, just apply and do everything else. Perhaps they'll give provisional acceptance based on his grades etc. and let him turn in his first paper at Fuller as the final requirement for admission (afterall, he was the student body president of his former seminary, and as you can probably guess, is no slouch with his grades)

for me, I've started calling people I know in the arts here, to connect with them and still figure out where I'm going to fit - what I should DO.

Registered at the local college to take theatre classes, have met some moms from kids' future schools,
was invited to lunch this last weekend with the president of my former university
- they had extra tickets for a Youth Theatre performance - and they thought of us. There seems to be no end of people I can call up or have coffee with to find out what's going on with Christians in the arts...How fun! Mentors for me!

We're just taking it one step at a time and walking through the doors as they open up.
Feel a bit like I'm following God blindfolded.
So far he hasn't let me trip...but
I'd be really happy if I had a real sense of calling here - something to focus on and not just a bunch of good activities.
But for now, I feel "mom's calling" is making sure the kids have a great year. And for that, we're off to a really great start.

No comments: