8/10/2007

"Top 10 Questions About Life"

Have you seen the Sean Covey books?
Before their weekly guitar lessons last year, Jim and Tyler went through
The 6 Most Important Decisions You'll Ever Make
(they haven't read
The 7 habits of Highly Effective Teens
which I'm sure is as practical as his best selling dad's book).
They're really insightful and well communicated. You may like it for inspiration!

Here are my top 10 questions (well, more than 10...but who's counting?)
During College Life Questions (some I still ponder):

What's the point? Why are we here? I learned that it's "to give glory to God," but I just don't see it.
Why are people so hateful & mean to each other when being kind works, and it makes everyone happier?
Why is there so much suffering and abuse in the world? What makes people be so evil?
Why do those with the means to make a difference for good not do something to really change the world?
What career path should I choose? Can I make millions somehow so I can change the world?
How can I make a living following my heart and the things I am passionate about?
Will I be able to handle all the responsibilities that come my way?
If Christianity is true and Christians are promised an 'abundant life thru Jesus,' why do they all seem so unhappy and duty driven?
Is it really better to have loved and lost, than never to have loved at all?
How can truth be "relative?" that doesn't make sense.

My mid-40 questions:

Am I doing enough, or the right things, to significantly make the world a better place?
Am I giving the children adequate experiences and education to find their calling in life?
Is my healthy diet enough, or do I have to buy organic foods in order to not poison myself?
How can men (and my boys) stay sexually healthy/pure when sensuality and sex is so unavoidably in our faces all the time?
Am I too old to take a dance class?
How should I prioritize the competing demands of life - what, of all the good things, should I focus on?
What will it be like when my parents health starts to fail?
Since I got boys as children, will I get any girls as grandchildren?
How will I die?
Will I outlive my husband or will I go first?


[The above was in response to cousin Carl E. Creasman's query: Hi there, family—I need your help.
Would you please send me a “Top 10 Questions about Life” that you are facing. What are the most important things that you are dealing with now, or say over the past few years? These could be things that, now, you believe you have satisfactorily answered.]

No comments: