11/25/2009

IDEA! Family Storytelling at Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving Family Activity: Pass the Talking Fork! - FamilyEducation.com


We have a few younger guests coming over tomorrow, and a majority will not be Americans. I like this link with the idea of story telling around the table before everyone runs off to do their own thing. Also, remembering our holidays in 2007....I think I'll get some mahjong paper and start something new. I'll have guests make a doodle on the paper and later turn it into an iron-on transfer to a new holiday table cloth.





FAMILY HIGHLIGHTS HOLIDAY TABLECLOTH 
(2007, Yorba Linda, California, USA)
After hearing from a friend Ginni Lee about how their family does this (and grandma embroiders the drawn designs), my mom tried it that year. We all drew something on the plain white tablecloth. I don't know if she's gotten around to the embroidery yet. We've not been together these past 2 years, but I think we can send her the iron-on transfer if I scan what we draw and print it in reverse.


Have a great Thanksgiving!

(mom got her iphone when they came to visit here in October!)

No comments: