5/14/2011

Choosing Decent Plays for High School Shows.



A director can't make much of a production when starting with a bad script. And then you add amateur actors on a low budget, it goes from bad to worse.

Zugzwang was all talking. It might have made a decent radio drama 40 years ago.
The Frogs was completely inaccessible.
My husband leans over 2 hours into the second "ONE ACT" and says, "If you want a ride home, you have to walk out of here with me at the curtain call." That was alright with me. I didn't know what I'd say to anyone when the show was over, and I'm sure that I wouldn't be able to overcome the stricken look on my face.

The best thing about this school play was that Tyler never ONCE said anything negative about it during rehearsals, the run, or after. Nuf said. I've already shown by this that I don't have as much character as my 18 year old son.

No comments: