12/22/2016

Reflections & Resolutions


ONLINE:
Post here as a comment!

LIVE:
Talk about them over dinner with your friends, family or small group!

Need some ideas? See what I've written in the past by scrolling through this blog. 

REFLECTIONS:
In 2016

I learned to…
I grew most in…
Another way I saw myself growing was…
One of my best adventures was…
I saw/knew God was doing something when…
A real gift from God was…
Something I really enjoyed doing more of was…
One of the happiest memories of 2016 I’d like to freeze in my mind…
I was really brave when…
A Scripture passage that meant a lot to me was…

A memorable Song, Movie, Book was... I’m still trying to learn what God wants to teach me through this hard experience…
The best word of advice or encouragement I can remember is…
One thing I’m looking forward to in 2017 is…


"But they, our forefathers, became arrogant and stiff-necked, and did not obey your commands. 
They refused to listen and failed to remember the miracles you performed among them. 
They became stiff-necked and in their rebellion appointed a leader in order to return to their slavery. 
But you are a forgiving God, gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and abounding in love. 
Therefore you did not desert them,.." 
Also from the Old Testament Nehemiah 9:16-17

RESOLUTIONS
I use post it notes to brainstorm the resolutions. It is my way of saying, "they're just ideas, so if you don't do them, you don't have to feel guilty about it." When we do this in a group, after sharing some of the reflections above, we take a break to individually do the brainstorming, then come back together to share a few. It's fun because we find that some of us have the same goal, and realize that we can do it together. I have 6 categories for brainstorming resolutions:

  • Physical
  • Spiritual
  • Service
  • Important Relationships
  • Professional/Intellectual
  • Adventure/Risk
May you have a wonderful new year, blessed by God the Father, Jesus the Christ the one who "became flesh and dwelt among us" and the indwelling Holy Spirit. GOD. A Trinity who leads and guides and loves you and me, if we just stop arguing with him and let him be God!

In this new year, join us in praying for wisdom in leading & serving both in and outside our family.
Thank God with us for his hand in building CRM in Singapore and our many opportunities to invest our lives in others.
More next month on that!

Praying you'll know God's goodness, blessing and joy in 2017!
The Creasmans

"Remember how the LORD your God led you all the way in the desert these forty years, 
to humble you and to test you in order to know what was in your heart, 
whether or not you would keep his commands."
from the 5th book of the Bible, the Old Testament which is Ancient Jewish History, 

Deuteronomy 8:2

No comments: