5/07/2003

Chinese Pizza, SARS, & A Friend Who Gave Away a Kidney

----- Original Message -----
From: Jan Charlin
To: "K!Mberly Creasman"
Sent: Wednesday, May 07, 2003 10:37 AM
Subject: Re: Hello again!


Hello Kimberly...
We have a lady around the block who is wearing the mask. There is a lot of fear but very unfounded. It's sad, some people have stopped buying things made in Asia.

Your days are full. Mine have slowed down this year. I think I started back to fast after surgury last year and my body is kind of rejecting life right now. So, Dan and I descided I should slow down a lot this year and just let my body heal. It was one of those things that was so God, I still am amazed. Each doctor I go to always asks if it was a relative and when I say it was someone from my church, they can't believe we actually matched. It makes me realize that nothing is by chance and God planned this before time. It is still a very aahh thing and God's love is so amazing. I still don't know why God used me, He could have used anyone, yet He allowed me to give. I feel so blessed. Anyway talk about more than you ever wanted to know.

What kind of food do you eat. Pizza, but is it pizza like here or pizza with corn and fish on it(Japanesse like pizza) or something in the middle.

Isn't it amazing how fast children pick up other languages? Did your children speak with an accent? I know people are amazed when they learn English is Daniel's second language but he learned it in school at such a young age.

Well this has gotten long, I hope you don't mind. Thank you for answering all my questions.

Love, jan

MY REPLY...
We have a California Pizza Kitchen here! (not that I eat there!) When we were in China it took us awhile to get used to the style of pizza made by the pizza place we had in Kunming...Chinese pizza...thin crust..not too tasty, but close enough.

And then we had to go to Italy for some meetings in 1998. In going out for pizza there, we discovered that "Chinese pizza" was the authentic kind - ITALIAN!

Loved hearing your testimony (below). Life is full of seasons isn't it? Of the many books I'm enjoying, today it's the books TUESDAYS WITH MORRIE and THE DIARY OF ANNE FRANK...two non-C books that encourage us to be grateful and full of love for others and life.

As for my Wednesday, I'm cruising through my day fully aware that I am completely dependent on Jesus(even with both my kidneys!),

K!M

No comments: