5/06/2003

A DAY in the LIFE of...

K!mberly's days are always different - probably like most moms! So far today has been:

! Rolling over in bed for some extra sleep while Jim sent kids to school (I
was at an artists prayer meeting last night until 12...oh, I'm not as young
as I used to be!)

! devotions over breakfast

! taking our little dog in to get fixed (ouch)

! grocery shopping (with our maid - I love that part!!!)

! following up emails with pastors who may host a play I'm casting this month

! a phone call with Juwanda the production manager of a concert I'm singing in later this month. He's stressed, muslim, and gay; so our phone
conversation included a prayer over the phone for him: that God would prove
He's real and loves him today by giving him a supernatural measure of peace
and joy in his work. He said, "Kim, I wish you could be part of every show I
do!" He is a sweetheart who really needs Jesus!

! coordinating emails with some Christian women in theatre. I'm doing a half day retreat with 5 gals later this month to talk over half of the book THE
HEART OF THE ARTIST. I'm really looking forward to it!

! kids home soon. We'll work on homework together (I'm hopelessly behind Tyler in Chinese!). Get the chores done. Practice piano...

! it's 2 for 1 pizza night at our pizza shop across the street and we're having dinner guests. Cameron calls Dick Soo, "my best big friend" and
Dick's girlfriend Neelam. Both are young professional actors who've been
dating since the end of last year. Both come from really dysfunctional
families (I know that both are still emotionally and verbally abused at
home). He's a professed Christian, she's a professed atheist. But I think
that's only temporary! :-).

! kids'll go to be at 8:30 and we'll see what God has in store for our
conversation after!


This is probably more than you need to know. Ah me, I do love avoiding work
by writing! That'll teach you to ask me questions!
Love, K!M

No comments: