9/19/2008

We're getting settled brick by brick *

"We're getting settled brick by brick," is my mantra of the month.

We're so happy with the place we found in Clementi. It's going to be perfect! It has lovely real wooden floors and it’s very clean.

I'm exhausting myself doing so many, too many things. One is shopping for bookshelves because I found out the ones we left behind here all went to Texas with the family who borrowed them! I wasn’t intending to shop for bookshelves.

I'm hanging on to the hope that by the end of September I'll be in the groove again and will know where I put my keys, the checkbook, my bible, my coffee, my camera, or any of the other items my scattered right brain continually misplaces and can't find among the laundry or piles of boxes and books that had filled that three times larger lovely old apartment we lived in 2007. Now we don't know where it all should go in a cozy 1200 sq ft! We make small steps everyday. Mostly onward and upward, but there are also small downward and backward; like having had two broken clothes dryers in a month. I’m using dryer number three. Another issue is that we have found out someone is using our credit card to purchase things on the internet. Bank of America's phone line seems to be down so we can't put an immediate stop to that. Little things like that.


But the boys, ah the boys are so happy to be playing American football 5 days a week! They found a league here in Singapore up at the American School. They are happily commuting an hour each way on the trains. They come home in the evening and fill my dryer-less apartment with stinky sweaty football gear! Cameron, who only has played flag football before, is loving the chance to tackle other kids wearing pads. Tyler had experienced a tough season last year where his opportunities and ability didn’t live up to his expectations. He’d been thinking for a year now that it was his one and only shot at playing this sport he loves. Now? Now in Singapore, having found this league, he is going to be the Quarterback for his team of 9th-12th graders. He’s already had more time holding the ball in practice than he had all last season.

1 comment:

Griselda Johnson said...

That's awesome Tyler will be getting to do all that! I'm still shocked friends borrowing stuff took it with them:( Hope you get some mula for that. Moves are always difficult. You have done great going from one country to another I must say.