10/08/2014

Navigating Transitions Seminar (take 2)


@St. George's Anglican Church, Singapore. Ladies Only.
My Introduction: 

  • Find a moving company. 
  • Sort through this and that and everything else. Buy more big garbage bags. Shoo the buzzards away who are asking me what I’m getting rid of before I’ve made a list. Sort some more. 
  • Follow up with the contractor about what needs to be done to the LA place before we get back. Does he think we should recarpet it after 27 years? Send the invites for the going away party. 
  • Forward the mail and subscriptions. 
  • Post that doc with the things for sale. How much should I ask for those IKEA bookshelves? 
  • Sort some more. 
  • Redeem my gazillion Singapore Amex points. 
  • Check again when our lease is over. Did we pay 1st AND last months rent? 
  • Patch the plaster, fix, return, retrieve, and pack. 
  • But not before I try to drink up the rest of the liquor.  

  • [Did I actually SAY that?]

Sound familiar to you?


I am preparing for another international move. Back to California next month after nearly 17 years in Asia, 14 of them here. I’ve lost count, but I think it’s my 9th move since 1997. We spent one year back in California before the boys left the nest. Somewhere in the middle. I have learned some really good things along the way about transitions, and my guess is, you all are in the middle of or facing some kind of transition soon. Thank you for inviting me to help you understand and go through your transition and keep you head on your shoulders and your heart soft.

If you want the notes from the seminar. Message me. I'll email them to you.

No comments: