10/04/2017

A checklist for everyday

From the Brave Woman Manifesto:

"I will remember that God gives life to the full, the abundant life, but the enemy comes to steal, kill, and destroy.” John 10:10 (Jesus promise that in him we can have an abundant life)


I am a recovering perfectionist, with the ANTS that come with ADD (Automatic Negative Thoughts). I can ALWAYS use reminding about my abundant life if I abide in Christ. Jesus offers us an abundant life. AND we have so many other reasons our life is abundant…
…when we choose joy.

"I get to ___." Rather than "I have to ____."

There seems to be a resounding YES in my community of girlfriends to put aside the compulsion for being perfect.

We instead are learning to be present, mindful that we can trust the Holy Spirit to guide us. 

We will accomplish all that HE has for us today. 

Romans 12:12 is a list we can check off today, and everyday:

Be 
__ joyful in hope,
__ patient in affliction,
__ devoted to prayer

It is meaningful to do nothing but abide in Christ. But I do love work, and promoting the work of the gospel. What a joy to find meaningful "kingdom work" I can contribute to while in this season living in LA. It is meaningful to be a caregiver.  A project this year I've enjoyed diving into is helping The River Church coordinate and organize and mobilize for mission. The River Hopes is the name we gave to it. So thank you River for allowing me to dive in!

You can download the 52 “I will…” statements from “The Brave Woman Manifesto” (Elisa Pullman) @ 

No comments: