1/30/2023

Personalizing the truths in the Bible

 



Back when my son Cameron was a feisty middle schooler, I had a season of waking him up for school with this reminder of who he is:

"GOOD MORNING Child of God!

Today you're going to be such a gift to your teacher, and friends, and the world!

You're going to learn more about how this world works and your place in it.

You are not just my son, you are a child of the King of Kings!"


He'd throw the covers over his head, groan, mock me...but I know he loved it.

He's 26 years old now, and today I was looking at Psalm 139, thinking about this son who was formed in a teenager's womb, but just after birth became my son. I re-wrote the Scriptures and sent this to him.

You are a CHILD of GOD! We all can use that reminder from time to time!



No comments: