7/03/2002

Hit by a Motorcyclist

I was hit by a speeding motorcyclist yesterday - with his girlfriend on the back. Malay muslim kids. The way they flew and rolled in front of my car I thought they'd for sure be dead, but after hainging around at the site for all the police reports we went to find them at the hospital...only abrasions. I shared merely that God loves them and surely has a plan for keeping them alive, and that the instant of the crash, I prayed for their protection as I saw them rolling. It is illegal to share "Christ" with Muslims in Singapore, but I have heard stories of conversions when Jesus appears to people in dreams...so as they are in the hospital and recovering, pray that Jesus introduce himself as the one who saved them...twice. Once yesterday and once 2 thousand years ago.

I'm a bit shook up too. This is the 3rd auto accident in owning our car for 9 months (and cars are about 4xs the price here), I've had a robbery (the 4th of July), been served for a law suit (the 10th), a parking ticket when I was not parking illegally (last week), and had a man practice a lewd act on me while studying in the library the day before yesterday...then the accident yesterday where I was sure for an instant that my car had caused 2 people to die...hmmm. With our influence growing in the circles we've come to serve, it just makes me convinced that we're making the enemy angry...and with this encouragement and God's grace, I can keep my head on straight during the day. But last night I had trouble sleeping...

No comments: