10/01/2004

News to Jim in Atlanta

Tyler and I watched Van Helsing last night after Cam was asleep.

I've been really tough on them this week. They're shocked that I can really administer the LAW!

Tyler wasn't keeping track of time on the computer so I made him read a book on internet guidelines for kids and tell me about it. Now he knows the word Pedophile. Cameron lost his priviledge to sleep in my room last night because of losing his temper and being rude to me. HE WAILED and BEGGED for another chance. I'd already given him two, so I was merciless. He's in his room now cleaning up the toys he threw around when he was mad last night!
I went through toy junk with Cameron and he has until tomorrow to put zoids back together or the pieces get tossed on Saturday. We had a "gluing party" yesterday for the ones he'd repaired. I think he's pretty proud of himself for making some sense of the pieces! So their room is getting pretty organized now.
Both boys are doing their chore charts with the threat of a swat for every blank square. What a mean mom!
X&X came over yesterday. That was interesting. What fun. I think they like me to be straightforward with them. So I was. Told them their relationship will never go the distance unless she bridled her tongue and stopped belittling him (and disrespecting him) and unless he started putting some effort into making her feel special, take her on a date, and do something together without her setting it up, even if it is deciding to go to church and him taking the leadership to follow through with the plan. They have to tell me next week if they were successful at their attempts for these few days. If they can't make any improvement in a week, when they are focused on it, then it will never get better and they might as well give up now. They were taking notes! Imagine!? Taking advice from me!!! LORD help us all!
I finally dared to go in my office this morning. Yikes. What a black hole...I've been staying in the bedroom with my computer just 'cause I don't want to face the chaos in my office. Got to get on top of it...almost time to turn in the receipts...
I think I've got the post China/Australia blues. It was so exciting this past month running around doing drama stuff. Now I'm putting around at home working at boring administrivia - paying the price for my outings and fun. Do you know how many envelopes come back eachnewsletter mailing with a change of address to update???!!
Okay, enough whining. I'd better get to it while the boys are quietly doing something else!
Love you and hope you're feeling better. Bet its a great experience!

No comments: