5/20/2002

Mother's Day 2002 - An email heals an old hurt

I want to tell you something about how God prompted you to write me your sweet note on "HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY." He has used it in a special way. I think that you'd be blessed by the reminder of how God is working in and through us, and orchestrating the events of our lives and making all things beautiful in his time.

It's a holiday I am particularly NOT fond of because of our years of childlessness. For awhile, before Tyler came, I actually stopped going to church on this particular weekend. Even now I am always so tenderhearted toward the singles who yearn to be married mothers, or single moms who don't have a husband to rally the kids to worship her for the day, and infertle couples who face the unknown of whether God will give them the desires of their hearts. Worshipping on Mothers day is a weekend I'd just as soon skip...and all that hoo haw of the gift giving and recognition!

My MOST painful VIVID memory I recall everytime I even THINK of mother's day. It is something that happened on a mother's day when I was visiting your Sunday School Class years ago before God chose to give us Tyler and Cameron. They were passing the box of corsages, and doing the fussing over the women, and the box went past me without my even touching it. The woman next to me made a flippant comment. She meant it lightheartedly, "Well not for YOU! ....Maybe someday!" but I, in a state of hopelessness felt like I'd been kicked in the stomach and wanted to say, "Maybe Never!"

Here's another MAYBE: Maybe, after your sweet timely email, God can help me not to replay that scene next year, and be able to enjoy the ceremonies of the day!

Dear woman, thank you a million times for your support, care and encouraging words over the years. You are a JEWEL! And thinking about you always makes me smile!

Kimberly

No comments: