5/04/2002

Praying for One Another

From and email to Tambra Murphy a college friend...

I think we ALL ought to do more praying for each other, me included, cultivate that attentive mind & heart to the Holy Spirit's promptings to pray for one another. I don't really understand prayer much, and don't have a "gift" of intercession, but I know some do, and this week I've felt this kind of spiritual weakness. Star Warish kind of weakening of the Force.

Over the years I have always been frustrated by missionaries who through the
way they communicate seem to think that they are the only ones doing "God's
work." I have strong convictions that committed bankers, or real estate
agents, teachers, or grocery clerks, or anyone who "has been crucified with
Christ" letting Christ live in and through them, brings him glory, and
influences others for Truth as much (and sometimes more) than a Bible
translator or church planter who's packed it up and gone "to the ends of the
earth." Every believer hears God's call on their life, and every calling is
different vocationally, but there is no difference in our calling to be
wholly his whatever we are doing!

Blessings & Joy,
Kimberly

No comments: