5/12/2002

On "HONK" and Being Different...

I saw HONK! yesterday afternoon with Lucilla.
It's a sweet wonderful new musical about the Ugly Duckling.

Everyone else in the family quacked, and he HONKED!

Wish you could've seen it with me. We would've wept together!
Because of having just talked to you the night before, I was especillay tender toward the mother - she really loved her baby and even though she diddn't really "get" him, she stood up for him to others and went searching for him when he was missing.

Your call meant alot to me.

And then this recurring song "DIFFERENT." The lyrics touched me on many levels...Lucilla sitting next to me, single and an artist in singapore (who's parents are both deceased), my always having been the odd one in our family, Tyler's being the only caucasion in his school and his being forced to study Chinese, and Cameron's having been adopted and the issues he'll have being brown. People are forever asking "Why he so dark what?"
You'll have to see it when it comes around, or pick up the album. It's the kind of show we'd have done at RHCC for dessert theatre - a great message and uplifting! So different than the rest of what's coming across the secular stage these days.

Anyway, Happy Mother's Day.
I love you so much,
and miss you terribly.

Kimberly