4/01/2003

AWANA kids often write asking Questions...

My son Cameron has started going to AWANA here in Singapore this year. He's in Sparks. There is one church that has it and it is such a good program.

My job as a missionary is different from what my husband does...but since you asked me, I'll just tell you what I do. My job as a missionary is using drama to help spread Jesus' love and the truths of Scripture for living an abundant life in Christ. I get to do this in many ways.

I taught a course to a group of Sunday school and kindergarten teachers on how to use drama in their classrooms. I've taught a playwriting class to Christian adults who want to use drama in their churches for worship and special events. I've done some writing and other training, and this year will start discipling some of the women I have met through my training times. I have done some drama training for a group of churches in Malaysia and meet with other Christian artists from neighboring countries as they come through town. This year I will go to another city in Malaysia and may
go to Cambodia as well. Our family is thinking of going to Thailand to pass out the Jesus Film to tourists from Mainland China, since we all speak Chinese and mainlanders are very facinated with us (and it would not be against the law to give out the Jesus film in Thailand!!!)

Last year I was in a show for children that was sponsored primarily by a church. The show was not a salvation message, but a few thousand school children, including many special needs children were blessed by getting to see a show teaching them good values about sharing and friendship. Most of the cast were Christians. The church has this vision for using the arts in Jesus name to bring blessing and joy to their community. I was able to build trust and friendship with the cast members who are not yet Christians.

In February, I was in a professional production where I had opportunities to share my personal faith in Jesus with the cast and crew as I build relationships with them. The story was about a guardian angel. One day our lead actor (who is this famous actor here in Singapore) came into rehearsal with a terrible pain in his back. I took him aside and asked him if I could pray for him. He was glad for that, and then told me that the pain disappeared when I prayed for him. We were interviewed on radio and he
shared with the DJ a very theologically correct description of the purpose of angels (he's been reading!) I think God is doing something in his heart. It has been a great opportunity to develop sweet friendships with non-Christians (who are actually a bit anti-Christian), I trust God will use me in their lives to draw them to Himself.

On the last day of the show I took each person in the cast and crew aside to pray over their lives and that God would show them how much he loves them and that they would see the value of loving him back and living for him. Everyone liked being prayed for...even the athiests!!! We'll see if I get to eventually lead some of them to their decision to follow Jesus. Since the show ended I've been making "dates" to have lunch with different ones. You can pray for me that I would ask good questions like Jesus did of people, and would avoid preaching. This way people come to their realization of
their need for God just by talking about themselves.

What I like about Singapore is how God is teaching me that I'm not superwoman - and he's watned me to realize that he loves me whether I am just doing the laundry, or helping my kids study Chinese. It doesn't matter what I do, he just wants me to love him with my whole heart. It's funny when in USA, missionaries are often put on a pedestal as being SuperChristian, but it is in my going overseas that I am learning about my frailty and dependence on God. I am learning to see Him do things through my weaknessess instead of my competence. This is a good and HARD lesson to learn!

Love,
Mrs. Creasman

No comments: