9/15/2004

QUOTES ON JOY

2 years ago I began signing emails, "Blessing and Great Joy" because that was my most earnest prayer for myself. I wasn't experiencing joy and knew that it was my birthright as a child of God. By signing my emails with this wish for others it was a reminder to pray for this desire for myself and for others. Today I read some quotes on joy that I don't want to forget:

“Joy is God’s basic character. Joy is his eternal destiny. God is the happiest being in the universe.” - John Ortberg, The Life You’ve Always Wanted

“Joy is the serious business of heaven.” - C.S. Lewis

“Never let the pain of this world obscure the joy of loving Jesus.” - Mother Teresa of Calcutta

“I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete.” - Jesus of Nazareth, John 15:11

No comments: