11/18/2006

Your Enemy the Devil Prowls About Like A Roaring Lion...

1 Peter 5:8,9 is such a crucial verse to know.
But even knowing it by heart (for more than 20 years) doesn't ALWAYS
guarantee victory in every spiritual battle.

Among a few highlights in a week "taking it easy" 'cause of my neck
pain, my Bible study pondered & discussed the Daniel in the lion's
den story. "WE LIVE IN THE LION'S DEN! Is your sword
sharp?" (Ephesians calls the word of God "the sword of the Spirit")

Then, yesterday I finished doing "steps to freedom in Christ" with a
new believer here.
It took us three sessions to get through it. "Old Scratch" is NOT
happy about my perseverance.

My husband has had a number of events (thailand and here).
The CRM president was visiting recently. CRM Singapore is gaining
momentum.
Jim's preaching again tomorrow.
All this good fruitful work doing ministry helping people have a
focused life and living with purpose...

In the midst of this, today I've felt so discouraged about my worth/
effectiveness and had such feelings of despondency!
Wow. Sometimes the Enemy is so OBVIOUS in his attacks and I still let
him sink his teeth in before wising up!

No comments: