9/04/2019

A poem about El Dorado High's #72. What he'll be in 2072

My prayer and vision for John Ramirez' future:


Once John had hated studying. 
To sit through class, a bore. 
He’d train his body in the gym, 
But above the neck a chore! 

“I’m not a dumb jock!” 
He decided one day. 
“Just been week, lazy, and slow. “
“I’ll WILL myself this year to train 
My brain muscle to grow!”

So he worked his mind to get it lean; 
Fit and fighting tough. 
He knew for battles off the field, 
His BRAWN wouldn’t be enough. 

John’s long become a full-grown man. 
And he’s a champion at life
Admired by more than his fans; 
He’s respected by kids and wife! 

He’d still prefer a good clean sack. 
To hit the books still not as fun. 
Rather get out and make a hole 
Where another back can run! 

But, he hit those books though it was hell. 
He got his brain in shape. 
His future dream was NFL; 
But that’s not what made him great!

from Aunt Kimberly

8/31/2019

No comments: