2/20/2005

We bought a picture at the Ken Duncan Gallery

It was a pleasure to meet you too! Funny that we started our conversation over my worries that the children were being too wild in a gallery. The Dales will be a refreshing addition to our home when it arrives.

Here's that section from Jeremiah 17:5-8 i told you about when I saw the big white tree by the river photograph in the gallery. It was fresh on my mind because I'd shared it when I spoke in chapel at Wesley Institute last week. I'd spent some time with the drama
students using improvised theatre to pray for rain in Australia. I'd been in a kind of relational drought while settling in Singapore, but it's been a time to draw nearer to Jesus; a time that I've started to know him, rather than know ABOUT him. So, that's why the photo near the door had such impact on me...

This is what the LORD says:
"Cursed is the one who trust in man,
who depends on flesh for his strength
and whose heart turns away from the LORD.
He will be like a bush in the wastelands;
He will not see prosperity when it comes.
He will dwell in the parched places of the desert
In a salt land where no one lives.

But blessed is the one who trusts in the LORD,
Whose confidence is in him.
He will be like a tree planted by a river.
Who sends out its roots by the stream.
It does not fear when the heat comes.
its leaves are always green.
It has no worries in a year of drought
and never fails to bear fruit."

May you have a fruitful day full of blessing & great joy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I recently took some friends to the Gallery in hopes to see Lydia. I wanted to say, "hey, you met my cousins and they bought some of Ken's work!" But I was told that Lydia left and is now working with a local radio station, 2UE. I looked around at Ken's amazing work and thought to myself, "here is another connection I have with Kimberly, we love the same things." Kimberly's time in Sydney was during a drought in our land and remembering her references to aspects of draught brought back memories of a gentle rain in our hearts and minds she left with us through God's love.
I hope the picture has arrived by now and hanging in your home somewhere and that it brings back memories of your Australian visit. Come back!