2/06/2005

What's New?

I’ve been off to a great start for the new year… a bit overcommitted, and glad for our maid Loonni’s help! Kids are happy, and SOOO much fun. I really love my boys. Jim’s happy and really getting loads of affirmation for the work he's doing too.

My computer has been a headache since November, I feel like I’ve been training as a sprinter and now, that I’ve got the track meets on my schedule, I have to work-out with diseased legs, that then got amputated, and then now I’m learning how to walk with prosthetics! All the while I’m supposed to be training for the Olympics!!! We went shopping at the APPLE store after church today.

About the possible new home: The owners of the perfect-for-us penthouse are not at a place they want to lower their price and we’re not in any hurry to pay more than twice our current rent (or to move right away). So we wait to see if there is a SIGN FROM HEAVEN. Two more weekends have gone by and no one has rented it yet (I’m shameless, even though I can't offer what they’ve asked, I check in with the realtor every week! She must think I’m crazy). It’s Chinese New Year here this coming week, so things kind of come to a stand still for awhile. Jim’s mom is so sweet. She's going to her financial planner next week. She says she wants to find out how much she can help us out. She saw the pictures and wants us to have it. She’s all anxious about it. I don’t feel anxious. I’m excitedly curious how things will work out. On one hand it would be JUST FABULOUS to be able to live there, but still, ya know, MISSIONARIES living in the PENTHOUSE. Hmmm. What would people THINK?? Our hearts tell us if this isn’t our next home then God know the right one for us and will show us in His time.

I’m having a great time on the drama front too. Have been hired to direct a Willow Creek sketch for Church of Our Saviour's Easter services (called "The Bridge"). In that project, I’m also offering a director mentorship for people who just want to come alongside while we do the rehearsals and production meetings just to see and learn first hand what a director does. I advertised it on our Arts4Jesus egroup last week and within 24 hours had 12 people sign up! That’s pretty funny since there’s only 3 in the cast!

We have this great set designer already met with him twice. He showed us his sketches on Friday and after New Year he’ll have a model made. I love working with the creative arts people at this church. I’ve started doing a journey through Journey of Desire with 5 of their staff on Friday mornings. You can join us if you have time to process the book with us! Check out http://journeyofdesire.blogspot.com . One of my 5 star gals (joni) is getting married to her UBlues singing boyfriend on April 1st. Jim and I are pretty much the only non-family invited to their wedding in Perth Australia ON APRIL FOOLS DAY! What an honour. Jim’s going to do the wedding and I’ll sing. I’m really going to miss her. But it sure is great to be a part of this couple's launch into a marriage partenrship of two people who have given their hearts to following Jesus and now want to do it together!