1/23/2008

Singing Soon...but what?

What an honor to be asked to sing for a women's tea! But what to sing? The topic of the morning is missions. GLOBAL WOMEN OF PURPOSE! Nevertheless, it's always a difficult choice for me. What's on my heart? Trying to assimilate into USA culture this year, I'm realizing how tough this American lifestyle is. So many demands! It's just one big guilt trip after another for not being able to keep up with it all. So, in empathy for the women of Orange County (O.C.), I've composed to the tune of "Part of Your World" from Disney's Little Mermaid. Press play below and you can sing along!


Look at this stuff. Isn't it neat?
Wouldn't you think that my world is complete?
I am the O.C. [PV] mom who has everything.

Look at this stuff, treasures untold.
How many credit cards can one wallet hold?
Just one payment away from bankruptcy.

I've got Brighton & cell phone jewelry.
Colored hair, I'll admit is a chore.
Collagen and Botox? I've shot plenty.
But who cares. No big deal. I need more!

I need to live where the best schools are
My children are busy with sports and dancin'
There’s so much to do
I’ve no time for reflection or friends.

Walkin' around you don't get too far.
SUV's are required for trips to COSTCO. (Sam’s Club)
Buying bulk is so cheap,
I don’t mind when I throw out the waste.

I'm up early to walk, and then on the run,
I must make sure to keep out of the sun
Here in OC [PV], wish I could be
Not quite so busy.

What would I give if I could live out of these waters?
What would I pay to spend a day just doing "Soul Care"?
Betcha my Land(rover), you understand,
We're the proud and perfectionistic Daughters.
Tired women, always grinnin’
What? You want me to “share?”

Yes! I want my life to have lasting value.
This stuff it will burn and I can’t take it with me…
But I want to fit in,
and really like super nice stuff. [groan]

Sometimes I just think
Wish I could just run.
Every week I don't need my nails done. [sigh]
Here in O.C
Wish I could be
A missionary....

No comments: