1/15/2008

Tyler CAN Sing! Teacher Proves It.

Tyler and I discussed HELLO DOLLY auditions last Wednesday. He said,

"Absolutely not."

I said all my wise reasonable reasons why he should at least try, I said,

"You'll never have an opportunity to do it again. If you enjoy it, then you'll have it as a great memory of High School, and if you hate it, you never have to tell anyone later in life that you were in Hello Dolly. I've half a mind to MAKE YOU."

But I was reasonable. I finished by suggesting,

"Let's agree to both have an open mind and heart and pray about it between now and Friday."

on Saturday I brought it up again by saying, "Have you picked out what song you'll sing for audtions?"

He refused to speak to me for awhile.

But today, on Monday, he comes jabbering through the door after school. JABBERING non-stop about what happened in Drama Class. His drama teacher in asking students if they were going to audition. Tyler said, "NO. I don't sing." The teacher argued with him and said, "Yes you do." Tyler stood firm until the teacher sent the entire class out the door to force Tyler to sing. This resulted in bringing home a sheaf of audition information and an official audition at 8:30PM.

I threw my head back and laughed and then I threw my arms around Tyler, praising God and saying,

"The Lord heard my cries! Through Mr. Martinez your will, Oh LORD, has prevailed."

Tyler laughed at me, and went and had a good time at the audition tonight.

(It also helped that there were 3 other guys from the football team auditioning and that he used this picture from summer camp on his "resume." On the audition form asking "would you be able to help in other areas?" He checked "Other:" and wrote, "Willing to be a sniper, or the director's personal Ninja.")

No comments: