12/14/2008

Ministry Update: A Refresher Course for Ministry Mentors


Dear Friends, 

A week ago we sent out a specific time related request regarding Jim's FACILITATOR REFRESHER COURSE. We spent a day away, a two hour drive north in Malaysia. It was a significant rallying opportunity for leaders in the ministry of CRM in Singapore.
Thank you for standing by us, for partnering with us, for your encouragement and support over the years as we've seen this ministry develop and grow.
The Creasmans



RIGHT: Cameron turned 12 today, 
Jim preached on Destiny, and 
Sally Wuu was visiting from Shanghai.

Here's Jim's brief report if you've not seen it yet:

Thank you for your prayers for us last Sunday and Monday.  I felt them, and the participants felt them.  I kept telling the Lord I would not be satisfied with a great training course unless there was a sense that he was there ministering to people.  After the four sessions, I kept having participants come up to me saying God had spoken to them about an area in their lives dealing with the issues of destiny and boundaries that I was teaching on.  I know God was deepening them and inspiring them.  There was also great connection as everybody felt a sense of comraderie and learning together.  I felt like prayers were greatly answered in those three aspects, especially.

The harder part that is yet to be seen is the mobilizing them - working together to mentor others.  CRM Singapore has ambitious plans to start 9 new mentoring networks in 2009, and several of these facilitators have volunteered to lead those groups.  It is demanding work, and I am praying that the rest will also agree to help lead new groups throughout the year.  I want all of them applying what they are learning through investing in others.

I also sensed affirmation from God through the participants of my calling to do more teaching like this.  Besides my primary work of facilitating mentoring small groups and personally coaching Christian leaders, I need to find avenues to impart important lessons about character formation, spiritual renewal, and leadership development.

Here are some quotes from emails I received in the hours afterward, and a few pictures below. 
You can also view more photos online at www.flickr.com/photos/crms/


"Enjoyed it immensely and was a blessing in my journey...."

"God said that he is with me right in the midst of the transition I am in. More so, he is drawing me closer to him and is sovereign in working out his purposes in my life."

"Thanks for the opportunity to spend the weekend with the CRM band of warriors! It was indeed a refreshing and timely for me personally."

"God has revealed to me during the retreat that I need to have confidence that He will see me through this transition. Trust Him and come out from all this, stronger for there is no “shame” being a servant leader!"

"I was blessed to have a wonderful time at the retreat. Seeing so many participants and friends there affirmed me of what we are doing is relevant and needed."

"The fellowship was fantastic, the teaching uplifting, and more important, I gathered strength from the Lord and after hearing from some of the other participants their own struggles, that God will always be with us! Thank you, the blessings cannot be counted."



No comments: